Are you having trouble coping with a specific issue, loss or trauma or having difficulty focusing on day to day tasks? If depression is affecting your quality of life, seek help from a professional therapist and know that at Behavioral Health Services of Arkansas, hope grows here. Our dedicated team is here to provide you with the tools and treatment you need to move forward toward a happier, healthier tomorrow.
Everyone feels sad or blue from time to time but depression is more than just a bout of the blues. Depression isn't a weakness and you can't simply "snap out" of it, and it could require long-term treatment. There is hope and most people with depression can and will feel better with medication, therapy, or both.
Symptoms of Depression
If you or a loved one are experiencing daily and/or prolonged symptoms of depression, know that help and hope are always available at BHSA.
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration,
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities
- Sleep issues, including inability to sleep or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy or drive
- Reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food and weight gain
- Anxiety, agitation, or restlessness
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures, or self-blame
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions, and remembering things
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
- Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts or suicide
Help is Available
Getting help from a skilled, well-trained, and compassionate therapist is key to moving beyond persistent feelings that can prevent you from enjoying a healthy and fulfilling life. Every member of our team is committed to offer thorough treatment and care.
If you are experiencing depression, don’t suffer any longer and don’t feel like you are on your own. Treatment is available and we're here to help. Call 501-954-7470 to request an appointment with one of our professional therapists.