When facilitated by a skilled and trained therapist like those at BHSA, family conflict therapy can help improve troubled relationships between partners, children or other family members. Sessions may address specific issues, conflict between parents and children, or the impact of substance abuse or a mental illness on the entire family.
Family counseling can be useful in any family situation that causes stress, grief, anger, or conflict and many families find healing and hope at BHSA. Through healthy dialog, family members can better understand one another and learn valuable coping skills, which bring families closer. Many families find it helpful to pursue family therapy in conjunction with other types of mental health treatment, especially if one family member has a mental illness or addiction that also requires additional therapy or rehabilitation treatment.
Issues Families Face
If your family is experiencing one or more of these symptoms, it may be time to consider engaging the services of a qualified professional marriage and family therapist.
- A family member has difficulty functioning day to day
- A family member is withdrawing from family life
- A family member has extreme emotional reactions
- A family member expresses feelings of helplessness or hopelessness
- A family member has substance abuse problems
- A family member is difficulty adjusting to the new reality (moving, divorce, or loss)
- A family member has communicated threats of violence to oneself or other family members
- A family is experiencing a breakdown in communication between members
- A family has a traumatic experience and members are having a hard time coping
- There have been changes in the children's behavior at home or school
Our Family Therapists Can Help
While it may feel like admitting defeat, choosing to get your family the help they deserve can be an important step towards helping families heal. Remember, family counseling is an opportunity to add some tools to your family's relationship toolbox. The skilled and compassionate therapists at BHSA can teach your family new ways to communicate, how to better work through problems, how to discipline and set healthy boundaries, and how to better relate to and understand one another.
If you feel your family could benefit from counseling, don’t wait any longer to get the support you need. A call today can mean a happier more tranquil home and a lifetime of healthy relationships. Counseling is available and we're here to help. Call 501-954-7470 or CLICK HERE to request an appointment with one of our professional therapists.